Monday, August 3, 2009

Using lights in Cinema 4D

Lighting is a crucial part in animating; it can make or break your piece. I have only been working in animation for a little over two months and sense I have started I have learned from my mistakes with lighting. I have had some projects that, I feel, look amazing. And then I have had a couple that look horrible. All this is due to the lighting. Depending on what you are going for in your piece you could not need any lights. Then if you want it to look real, you will need to put a couple lights in and make sure to include the shadows as well.

Just adding a light anywhere is not going to help. You need to know where your lights need to be and where your shadows need to be. When using the program Cinema 4D made by Maxon, there are a plethora of lights to be used. And all those lights can be adjusted with the depth, intensity, the visibility and much more. So before finishing a piece, be sure to play around with lights or maybe even do some light tutorials so they will be of better use.

-George

No comments:

Post a Comment